Training and educating local pastors to continue to lead in The United Methodist Church.
The Course of Study (COS) is a five-year program that offers training and education for people who are interested in becoming full or part-time local pastors in The United Methodist Church. Learn more about COS here.
The Western Jurisdiction Course of Study is the basic five-year theological education program of the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry taught by faculty from Claremont who are leaders in their field from across the Western Jurisdiction. Learn more about the theological courses of Course of Study by clicking here.
Below are our current 2021 class offerings (updated 1/18/21)
COS 223 Worship and Sacraments; Dr. Faith J. Conklin
- Registration Deadline February 1, 2021
- February 16-18, 23-25, March 2-4 (additional 2 hours to be scheduled)
- Zoom Format 4:00 p.m-6:00 p.m. (PST)
- Syllabus – pre-class assignment due Feb. 10th!
COS 323 Congregational Care; Rev. David Richardson
- Registration Deadline February 3, 2021
- March 2-3, 9 -10, 16 -17, 23 -24, 30
- Zoom Format 4:00 p.m.-6 :15 p.m. each session
- Syllabus – Make sure you complete the pre-class assignment!
COS 224 Polity and Administration; Dr. Jim Standiford
- Registration Deadline April 5, 2021
- May 4-6, 11-13, 18-20
- Zoom format 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. (PST)
- Syllabus – Make sure you complete the pre-class assignment and reading!
Click here for the GBHEM website to see their offerings and register.
Please feel free to contact us about any information you need or concerns you have.
Call or email Rev. Dr. Faith J. Conklin at 760-443-9664 or email@example.com